- Editor Rating
- Rated 2.5 stars
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- OverallEditor: 51%
- EffectivenessEditor: 52%
- Speed of ResultsEditor: 53%
- Sustaining ResultsEditor: 54%
- SafetyEditor: 51%
- ValueEditor: 53%
What Is OptiMind?
OptiMind is a nootropic formula designed to improve mental focus, increase energy, and promote a calm state of being. This product combines a blend of vitamins and amino acids to deliver an immediate increase in focus. After approximately one month of usage, reported levels of enhanced memory and learning rates have been shown.
While prescription drugs such as Adderall and Ritalin have been used (and abused) for years to increase alertness, they come with a price. Although these prescriptions seem to create more focusable energy, they also have been known to deactivate and desensitize the creativity portion of the brain. This product gives you the increased alertness, energy and focus without compromising individual personality traits or creating unwanted side-effects.
This product is manufactured by AlternaScript, LLC based out of Houston, Texas. AlternaScript is the exclusive manufacturer of OptiMind, previously branded as Alleradd. CEO Lucas Siegel created the product after experimenting with different safe and legal items that could boost brain power for College students.
Lucas Siegel’s team collaborated with a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certified lab in New York to create OptiMind. Using over 50 years of existing neuroscience research, Siegel’s team was able to safely combine scientifically proven effective ingredients and create this leading product in the nootropic market.
How OptiMind Works?
OptiMind works by aiding neurotransmitter systems such as the Cholinergic, Glutamatergic, Dopamine and Serotonergic Systems. By increasing the efficiency of these systems, the result is an overall positive increase of cognitive function.
Acetylcholine is the primary basis of the Cholinergic System. Acetylcholine plays an important role in memory and focus. On a normal basis, people obtain Acetylcholine from choline-rich diets. Foods such as eggs, kidney, brains and liver produce a diet rich in choline. Acetylcholine is derived from choline, and cannot be synthesized without it. Ingesting a sufficient amount of choline and producing proper acetylcholine levels are essential to brain function. Most people eat a choline deficient diet, which is why many turn to supplements and/or nootropics to produce enriched brain function.
Glutamate levels in the brain affect overall brain health, memory and learning. Some nootropic stacks reduce sensitivity to glutamate, which increases brain activity. With increased brain activity in the Glutamatergic System, cognitive and memory functions are improved.
Nootropic usage relies greatly on dopamine and serotonin neurotransmitters to produce an overall good mood as well as feelings of motivation. Sulbutiamine stimulates dopamine and serotonin production, which leads to increased brain energy and promotes a rise in mood.
Additionally Nootropic stacking improves overall brain plasticity, altering the synapses in the brain. Synapses are the communications of our body; Recollection of memories depends greatly on how synapses are linked. By increasing brain plasticity through nootropic stacking, synapses are more readily linked.
OptiMind is a nootropic stacking supplement that contains seventeen different ingredients to boost brain function and improve clarity. By introducing these supplements into the body, neurotransmitters, hormones, and enzymes are changed positively. Nootropics increase blood and oxygen flow to the brain, which in turn causes an increase in energy by affecting glucose metabolism.
When first adding this supplement into your daily diet, AlternaScript recommends beginning with one capsule per day. As your body adjusts to the introduction of this nootropic stack, the effects should increase. Once your body gets used to these effects, it is recommended to increase dosage to two capsules per day. Additionally, it is recommended for individuals to use this product at different times of the day to target exactly what time is most beneficial.
Ingredients of OptiMind
After the rebranding of Alleradd, the product was enhanced and changed to improve effectiveness of the product. The ingredients Choline Bitartrate, DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanal), Green Tea Extract, Niacin, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), and Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) were removed from the product. The ingredient L-Taurine level was decreased, while the amounts of Bacopa Monnieri, L-Tyrosine, and Phosphatidylserine were increased.
1. GABA is an amino acid neurotransmitter which influences the peripheral nervous system, and helps eliminate stress. Traditionally, GABA has been useful in treating patients with attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). By blocking neurotransmissions, GABA effects insulin production and keeps blood sugar levels steady, preventing fatigue. Additionally, GABA counters any blood-pressure spikes caused by caffeine intake.
2. Serinaid Phosphatidylserine is a phospholid produced from Soybeans, but is produced naturally within the body. Phospholids make up the cell-membrane and play a major role in synaptic activity. Serinaid Phosphatidylserine prevents cognitive declination by positively effecting acetylcholine levels. Serinaid Phosphatidylserine toughens the inner cell membrane, which boosts communication between brain cells. Individuals using phosphatidylserine supplements have increased overall cognition levels, improving thought clarity and alertness.
3. Vitamin D-3 (Cholecalciferol) is an essential nutrient for bone health and is necessary to absorb calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc. Sufficient absorption of these minerals is important for mental performance. Additionally, Vitamin D-3 has been known to raise serotonin levels in the brain, which will help to regulate sleeping pattern abnormalities.
4. Alpha-Lipoic Acid, a natural antioxidant, which breaks down ingested carbohydrates creating energy. Individuals with memory loss (dementia, Alzheimer’s, and others), and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) have benefited by taking additional doses of Alpha-Lipoic Acid. As an antioxidant, Alpha-Lipoic Acid provides protection to the brain if injured.
5. Huperzine A, extracted from the Chinese Club Moss Plant, acts as an acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitor. Huperzine A decreases acetylcholine levels and actually creates an excess of acetylcholine. The surplus of acetylcholine improves cognitive performance.
6. Tyrosine is a naturally occurring amino acid, which is a building block of protein, and is key in the synthesis of some hormones. Tyrosine is an essential component for production of epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine. Tyrosine has been used for patients with depression, attention deficit disorder, stress, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among many others.
7. Taurine, a conditional amino acid can be manufactured by the body. Taurine, when introduced into the body in combinations with caffeine and B-Vitamins reduces sleepiness in sleep deprived individuals. Taurine activates GABA receptors in the brain, supports neurological development, and provides increases mental performance.
8. Vitamin B-12 is an essential nutrient that aids in production of DNA, and keeps nerve and blood cells healthy. Vitamin B-12 aids in breakdown of carbohydrates to create energy, and is used to improve memory and increase energy. Vitamin B-12 has been successful in aiding patients with memory loss.
9. Sulbutiamine a man-made derivative of Vitamin B1, that increase levels of thiamine and thiamine phosphate esters in the brain. Sulbutiamine, readily absorbed into the blood-brain barrier, combats fatigue and improved memory function. It has been effective in treating depression, fatigue and some memory loss.
10. Vinpocetine is manufactured from the Periwinkle plant Vinca Minor. Vinpocetine increases blood flow to the brain and affects neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, which increases energy and aids in enhancing memory and concentration.
11. Bacopa Monnieri or Brahmi is an antioxidant derived from the Bacopa Plant and has been used for many years in traditional Indian Medicine. Bacopa Monnieri has been used in Alzheimer’s disease, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Bacopa Monnieri benefits cellular health and has a neuroprotective effect. It affects the cholinergic system, increasing acetylcholine levels, enhancing memory and combatting stress.
12. Caffeine, the equivalent to approximately 1 cup of coffee, is contained within OptiMind. Caffeine is a stimulant which impersonates the neurochemical adenosine. Adenosine receptors cannot differentiate between the adenosine and caffeine in the body. With the adenosine receptors congested, dopamine and glutamate are more easily flow. This allows dopamine levels to increase and creates a jolt of energy.
OptiMind increases neurotransmittal production, which enhances brain functions. The main advantages to using this product is a natural solution to achieving increased focus and mental clarity. This supplement boosts energy like coffee and/or energy drinks without the eventual crash.
OptiMind Side Effects
This product is derived from all-natural ingredients and should not produce any serious side-effects. Some minor side-effects that have been noted are insomnia and restlessness if taken in excess. Some individuals may be sensitive or allergic to certain ingredients; As with any other vitamins or dietary supplements, it is always recommended to speak to your doctor to ensure this product is right for you.
– GABA: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. Not recommended for individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
– Serinaid Phosphatidylserine: At doses over 300 mg, side effects including insomnia and nausea may occur. Not recommended for individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
– Vitamin D-3: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. For individuals with Kidney diseases, Vitamin D supplementation may increase the risk of atherosclerosis. Individuals with Tuberculosis, Lymphoma, hyperparathyroidism, Histoplasmosis, Sarcoidosis should not take additional Vitamin D supplements, as this may cause conditions to get worse or lead to increase in kidney stone production.
– Alpha-Lipoic Acid: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. Individuals with skin sensitivities may experience a rash. If taking Alpha-Lipoic Acid and at risk for a Thiamine (Vitamin B1) deficiency or with excessive use of alcohol, it is recommended to take a thiamine supplement. People who are suffering from Thyroid disease should not take Alpha-Lipoic Acid as it may interfere with treatments. Not recommended for individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
– Huperzine A: May cause nausea, diarrhea, restlessness, cramping, urinary incontinence, high blood pressure, and slowed heart rate. When taken by mouth for a short period of time, Huperzine A is not likely to have negative side-effects. Not recommended for children, or pregnant or breastfeeding women.
– Tyrosine: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. May cause nausea, headache, heartburn, and/or joint pain in some patients. Do not take Tyrosine if suffering from Overactive Thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or Graves’ Disease, and this may aggravate condition. Not recommended for children and pregnant and/or breastfeeding women.
– Taurine: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. If suffering from Bipolar Disorder, it is not recommended to ingest Taurine, as it may worsen the condition. Taurine is not recommended for children and pregnant and/or breastfeeding women.
– Vitamin B-12: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. If suffering from Polycythemia Vera, Megaloblastic Anemia, Leber’s Disease, or if you have any allergies to Cobalt or Cobalamin, do not take Vitamin B-12.
– Sulbutiamine: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. May cause nausea, headache, and inability to sleep in some individuals. Sulbutiamine is not recommended for pregnant and/or breastfeeding women.
– Vinpocetine: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. It may cause nausea, headache, dizziness, and trouble with sleep in some individuals. Individuals with a weakened immune system, or bleeding disorders should not take Vinpocetine as it may reduce the body’s infection fighting ability. If scheduled for a major surgery, it is recommended to stop taking Vinpocetine at least two weeks prior to surgery. It is not recommended for pregnant and/or breastfeeding women.
– Bacopa Monnieri or Brahmi: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. Some common side effects noted are nausea, dry mouth, and diarrhea. Individuals with Bradycardia, Gastrointestinal Tract Blockage are not recommended to take Bacopa Monnieri. This supplement may cause fluid secretions in the lungs, stomach, intestines and urinary tract. It is not recommended for individuals who suffer from Lung Conditions, Thyroid Disorders, Ulcers, or Urinary Tract Obstruction. Bacopa Monnieri is not recommended for pregnant and/or breastfeeding women.
– Caffeine: Negative side-effects not likely in most individuals. Persons with certain medical disorders such as anxiety, heart conditions, or Bipolar disorder should use caffeine with care. Pregnant and/or breastfeeding women should take no more than 200mg of caffeine per day.
OptiMind is manufactured in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Certified Laboratory. All AlternaScript supplements are produced according to laboratory quality standards. This product has been undergone stringent testing and is provided in the safest form possible for individual consumption.
OptiMind is a fantastic combination of natural ingredients to provide an overall great Nootropic Stacking product. It begins to work within an hour of ingestion and increases overall alertness, and clarity. Individuals who have taken this supplement reported a decrease in “Brain Fog” and an increase in energy. It gives the added boost of energy without the negative side-effects of coffee and energy drinks. Although the pricing is a bit steep, it has been deemed a top of the line nootropic supplement.
Awards & Media Coverage
OptiMind was featured in “Vice Media Online” in July 2014. Then known as Alleradd, was just introduced into the market around this time. The article discusses how CEO of AlternaScript and Team derived Alleradd, and how it is a safe alternative to prescription medications such as Adderall and Ridalin, which many college kids abuse.
“Elite Daily” also featured the product in July 2014, and marketed it as a “New Brain-Enhancing Pill” available over the counter. Elite Daily noted that unlike similarly marketed supplements, Alleradd does not contain controversial nootropics such as Piracetam.
In October 2014, it was featured in an article in “There Are No Roads.” In this specific article, the writer actually explains his experience with OptiMind and features a transcripted interview with the CEO of AlternaScript.
April 2014’s newsletter in “The Art of Manliness” discusses how to boost brain power with nootropics. The article discusses nootropic stacking, and gives a general outline on best practices of nootropic usage. OptiMind is mentioned in this article as the supplement that the writer uses on a daily basis.
If OptiMind isn’t all that you thought it was cracked up to be, AlternaScript LLC, offers a 100% money-back guarantee. On the manufactures website, you can order a 14-day supply with free shipping and a 100% money back guarantee if you do not like the supplement. The 100% money back guarantee (including any shipping & handling fees) stands for up to 30-days after purchase.
AlternaScript features free shipping offers on all products. AlternaScript products no later than the next business day. Depending on where you live, the shipment times may vary. There is a Rush-Order option at checkout that you may choose if quick delivery is necessary. Products are shipped via FedEx Express, UPS, and United States Postal Service.
Safe & Secure Checkout
The manufacturers website has been GoDaddy verified and secured, and are protected with up to a 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer Encryption. The GoDaddy Certificate Status is valid showing certificate dates which are not expired.
OptiMind Pricing & Free Trial
One 32-count bottle (one month’s worth) is priced at $43.41 with free shipping. A double bottle order is priced at $63.65, contains two 32-count bottles, and offers free shipping. The website offers a 14-day free trial which contains a 10-pack for $0.00 and free shipping. After 14 days, if you do not cancel your subscription, AlternaScript will charge you for a subsequent order.
- OptiMind takes full effect within one hour of ingestion, and it’s effects will become enhanced with further usage.
- All natural ingredients provide a safe alternative to prescription medications.
- This nootropic supplement provides an increase in energy without the inevitable “crash” after excessive caffeine consumption.
- AlternaScript offers a 100% money back guarantee! If you do not like the product, or feel that it does not meet your expectations, AlternaScript will refund your order.
- The AlternaScript website offers a 3$ trial pack of 10 capsules with no cost of shipping and handling.
- Although OptiMind has been noted as safe for most individual consumption, some of the ingredients may cause nausea, dizziness, and other unwanted side effects. It is always recommended to consult with your physician prior to taking any new vitamins and/or supplements.
- This supplement is not recommended for pregnant and/or breastfeeding individuals.
- If you do not cancel your free trial after 14 days, you will be charged for a new shipment and will be enrolled in a subscription.
Summary: OptiMind is a nootropic stacking supplement which contains 12 all-natural ingredients. The product works with your body’s natural chemistry to produce mental clarity, increase energy, and promote overall feelings of calm and focus. It’s combination of acetylcholine and glutamate boosters and serotonin and dopamine enhancers create a supplement that is safe to take daily and has been shown to boost overall brain power.
- TestoStaxx Review – A Good Auto-Shipping Product or Just Another Testosterone Booster? - June 5, 2020
- MuscleXtend Review – Can This Product Boost Your Nitric Oxide Levels? - June 5, 2020
- Maxtropin Review – What to Expect from This Natural Testosterone Booster? - June 5, 2020
- Novedex XT by Gaspari Nutrition Review – What Is the Secret Behind This Product’s Efficacy? - June 5, 2020
- NO2 Core Review – Are You Looking for a Product That Will Take Your Workouts to the Next Level? - June 5, 2020
- Extreme Black Nitric Oxide Fuel Review – Does It Increase Energy or Not? - June 5, 2020
- Blue Fortera Review – Can You Expect Real Results? - June 5, 2020
- Titan XT Review – Can You Trust This Supplement? - June 5, 2020
- Cytomax Fast Twitch Ready-to-Drink by CytoSport Review – Is This a Good Pre-Workout Drink for Athletes & Bodybuilders? - June 5, 2020